The Admissions Process is as follows:
- Prospective families must attend an Open House*. Email Ms. Tueros and Ms. Adorno at email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org for the Open House Schedule.
- Fill out an Application
- Submit Supporting Documents
- Teacher Recommendation Form
- Most recent W2 or Other Annual Earnings Summary
- Report cards/School Records from the past two yeas
- A copy of your child's Social Security Card, if applicable
- A copy of your child's immunization record and Covid-19 Vaccination Record, if eligible (all EHS students are required to be vaccinated if eligible per CDC guidelines)
- Schedule an Admissions Day Visit for your child.*
- After Admission Day, the school will determine if your child may move onto the next step of the admissions process. Please wait for a phone call from EHS. You may be invited to schedule an interview for you and your child with Ivan Hageman, Head of School*.
- An admissions decision is communicated by mail.
Any questions regarding the admissions process, applications, and/or pending admissions decisions should be sent to Ms. Tueros and Ms. Adorno at email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org or 212-876-8775.
*Open Houses, Admission Days, and Interviews may be conducted virtually due to Covid-19.
- How do I apply to The East Harlem School?
- Do you accept students in all grades?
- When is the deadline for applications? When do you make your admissions decisions?
- Do you accept students mid-year?
- Does my child have to attend Summer Session this summer if he or she is accepted for next year?
- Do you accept students with IEPs?
- What do you mean by an 11-month school year?
- Do you charge tuition?
- Are you a charter school?
- Do you give standardized tests?
- Do you provide breakfast and lunch?
- Do you provide busing?
- What high schools do EHS graduates attend?
- Does my child have to be a US Citizen to apply?
- Can we visit EHS?
- Does my child have to be vaccinated against Covid-19 to attend EHS?