The Admissions Process is as follows:
- Prospective families must attend an Open House*. Email Ms. Tueros and Ms. Adorno at firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com for the Open House Schedule.
- Schedule an Admission Day Visit for your child.* This will consist of a tour and an interview with Head of School Ivan Hageman.
- Fill out an Application (If you need help submitting your child's application or supporting documents, please make an appointment to come to the school, where Ms. Tueros or Ms. Adorno will be able to help.)
- Submit Supporting Documents:
- Teacher Recommendation Form
- Most recent W2 or Other Annual Earnings Summary (Proof of Income)
- Report cards/school records from the past two years
- A copy of your child's Social Security Card, if applicable
- A copy of your child's immunization record and Covid-19 Vaccination Record, if eligible (all EHS students are required to be vaccinated if eligible per CDC guidelines)
- An admissions decision is communicated by mail.
Any questions regarding the admissions process, applications, and/or pending admissions decisions should be sent to Ms. Tueros and Ms. Adorno at firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com or 212-876-8775.
*Open Houses and Admission Days may be conducted virtually due to Covid-19.
Frequently Asked Questions
- How do I apply to The East Harlem School?
- Do you accept students in all grades?
- When is the deadline for applications? When do you make your admissions decisions?
- Do you accept students mid-year?
- Does my child have to attend Summer Session this summer if he or she is accepted for next year?
- Do you accept students with IEPs?
- What do you mean by an 11-month school year?
- Do you charge tuition?
- Are you a charter school?
- Do you give standardized tests?
- Do you provide breakfast and lunch?
- Do you provide busing?
- What high schools do EHS graduates attend?
- Does my child have to be a US Citizen to apply?
- Can we visit EHS?
- Does my child have to be vaccinated against Covid-19 to attend EHS?